DISCOVER THE DIFFERENCE
Not All Real Estate Agents Are Alike
Training and Experience is the Key
My Philosphy is simple: Have the best education, knowledge and experience to better serve my clients.
Accredited Buyers Representative®
The Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR®) designation is the benchmark of excellence in buyer representation. This coveted designation is awarded to real estate practitioners who met the specified educational and practical experience criteria set by the Real Estate Buyers Agent Council (REBAC) of the National Association of REALTORS®.
An ABR® must complete comprehensive REBAC course work in buyer representation and successfully pass a written examination. They must also demonstrate a practical experience of having completed five closed real estate transactions in the field of buyer representation and be a member in good standing with the National Association of REALTORS®.
Buying a home today can be much more complicated than in the past. It is difficult to know why you should use an Accredited Buyer Representative rather than Aunt Suzy, Cousin Bill or the fellow from the church.
Certified Commercial Investment Member®
A Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) is a recognized professional in commercial real estate brokerage, leasing, asset management, valuation, and investment analysis. As an experienced expert, a CCIM is an invaluable resource to the commercial real estate owner, investor, and user.
The 240 hours of graduate-level curriculum leading to the designation represent the finest education available in real estate. A CCIM must pass a rigorous exam and submit a resume of qualifying sales representing a minimum of 10 transaction representing $5,000,000 of volume, or 20 transactions no matter what the volume, or $30,000,000 in volume no matter what number of transactions. The supporting data for each sale must include Annual Property Operating Data as; well as After Tax Cash Flow Analysis and an explanation the client's goals and objectives, and how those goals and objectives were achieved through the hiring of the agent. These professional experience requirements ensure that a CCIM is skilled not only in theory, but also in practice. Only a few real estate professionals hold the CCIM designation, which reflects the caliber of the program and why it is one of the most coveted and respected designations in the industry.
Investing in commercial real estate can be one of the most challenging business decisions made by a company, instititutional investor, partnership, or individual...the best use of the site, demographics, market supply and demand, tax ramifications, financing. These and other issues all have an impact on the performance of an asset or investment.
- Tenant Representation services are available for those looking for an office or new business space or for an alternative location for an existing business.
- Investor Representation services are available for those looking for commercial investment properties or for representation in selling investment property.
- Marketing Services are availiable for building and/or land owners who are searching for good credit Tenants or Buyers.
- Property Management services are exceptional, with fees competitive. References are readily available.
Certified Residential Specialist®
Only 5% of all REALTORS® have earned this prestigious credential. CRS designees were involved in nearly 25% of all residential real estate transactions nationwide.
The education they have received is considered "top shelf" among the experts.
They have access to one of the best networking systems in the country to help relocating clients.
As a Council member, they get information about the latest sales and marketing techniques, and changes in the law that benefits homebuyers and sellers.
Agents who hold the Certified Residential Specialist Designation have experience; commitment and advanced training to help the buyers and sellers of property get the most out of their real estate transaction.
To earn the Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) Designation, every REALTOR® must have significant experience and volume of real estate transactions.
Every CRS Designee is required to maintain membership in the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® and to abide by its strict Code of Ethics.
Every CRS has the ability to maximize profits and minimize costs. A CRS is trained to help clients understand the local market, screen prospective buyers and sellers, negotiate in the best interest of the client, and ultimately ensure a successful home purchase or sale. Why do I need a residential expert?
Buying or selling a home is one of the most crucial financial transactions of your life. In what can be a confusing and sometimes difficult process, it pays to leave as little to chance as you can. But with the help of a professional, you can navigate unknown territory with ease.
To fill the specific residential needs of homebuyers and sellers, the Residential Sales Council of the National Association of Realtors instituted a class of expert real estate professional: the Certified Residential Specialist (CRS).
How can a CRS help me?
Every CRS has undergone a rigorous, specialized course of detailed training, aimed at making residential transactions as smooth and worry-free as possible.
A CRS brings special qualifications to your needs:
Membership in a local Board, State Association, and the National Association of Realtors. Every CRS is part of a much larger network of real estate professionals.
Successful completion of the courses leading to the Certified Residential Specialist designation- one of the most successful residential real estate educational programs in the country. Every CRS is a real estate professional equipped with special expertise, thanks to advanced study in listing, selling, investment, taxes and more.
A history of demonstrated sales performance through the documented execution of residential sales transactions.
What this means is that when you work with a CRS, you're working with someone who is more connected, more knowledgeable, and more experienced.
What if my needs are simple?
If anything about your transaction is special, seek out a specialist. It's as simple as that. Only 4% of all Realtors and Realtor-Associates have earned the right to be called a CRS. Only 4% have developed special residential skills and enhanced their residential sales knowledge through study, dedication and experience.
A CRS can help you optimize your transaction by identifying better prospects, clarifying investment potential, and helping you understand tax ramifications. It all adds up to one thing: better service.
What special qualifications does a CRS bring to my transaction?
· Your trust in a CRS is well-earned, thanks to these distinctive credentials. · A professional designation of residential specialty, the highest in the industry. · A higher level of education in residential sales. · Up-to-the-minute industry information, with respect to taxes, investment, legislation, and other areas of critical importance. · Local market knowledge - special residential expertise unique to your area.
The CRS designation: our badge of expertise and your shield of assurance. Look for the CRS Shield when considering your next residential transaction. Put your trust in the best. Get the job done right with the help of a Certified Residential Specialist.
Graduate, Realtor Institute® - The Mark of Excellence
Graduate Realtors® Institute (GRI) is a designation earned by completing a national program of specialized, advanced education for the licensed Realtor. It involves intense study, covering many special aspects of real estate such as marketing, cost basis, taxation, negotiating, pricing, investment real estate, construction, exchanges, capital gains, and various types of mortgage programs. e-PRO® - Real Estate Internet Professional
What is an e-PRO — and why should you use one?
A short guide for the Internet consumer
When you're on the Internet, you don't have time to waste on endless searches for useful real estate information. You want to get things done quickly and without hassle. So chances are you'd like a real estate agent who
- Answers e-mail promptly and professionally.
- Respects your on-line privacy.
- Offers home listings and other Internet tools to help you find or market a home.
Enter the e-PRO.
An e-PRO is a REALTOR® who has successfully completed the e-PRO training program for real estate professionals. Endorsed by the National Association of REALTORS®, the e-PRO course teaches professionals the nuts and bolts of working with real estate on-line: Web sites, e-mail, on-line tools, and most of all, what today's consumer really wants.
What does all this mean to you? There are several benefits of working with a certified Internet professional.
Are you reluctant to give out contact information through the Web for fear of being pestered or spammed? e-PROs understand. They've learned the Web isn't just a place to do business; you need information from someone you can trust.
That's why e-PROs respect your privacy. They respond quickly to your questions, but don't send you unwanted communication. And they protect your personal information.
Tired of struggling to find information? e-PROs are more likely to have access to the latest Internet utilities, making your life easier. These tools may include:
- On-line home tours
- Instant access to comprehensive neighborhood data
- Extensive property listings
- Immediate e-mail notification of just-listed homes meeting your criteria
- Referral networks and on-line forums, where e-PROs can quickly find information — even potential buyers — from other e-PROs
- Newsletters on current real estate conditions in your area
- Electronic faxes sent to you by e-mail
- Advanced software, PDAs, and laptops to find you answers on the spot
The result: you get more information, more easily. With electronic files, you have less paperwork to deal with. And since your agent uses e-mail, you can even eliminate phone tag. The e-PRO streamlines your entire transaction, from showing to closing.
An e-PRO's access to advanced technology can save you considerable expense. You have more tools to find or market your home, so you're likely to get a better price. With on-line home tours, you reduce in-person showings — and the costs involved. And by using e-mail, you save money on long-distance calls and fax charges.
Relocating? An e-PRO is ideal for you. With the tools to do your research electronically, you can make a decision on a home the first day you're in town—or without traveling at all. You and your family save on travel costs. And after you've decided to buy, monitoring the sale by e-mail saves you even more.
Should you use an e-PRO? Yes — especially if you're an Internet user. In this fast-paced age, technology has become a necessity. An e-PRO is someone who has recognized and responded to the needs of the new consumer. If you choose an e-PRO, it's a safe bet you'll get the kind of service you want — and need.
RRS - Resort and Recreation Specialist®
An agent with an RRS certification is a real estate professional who is focused on the unique characteristics of the recreation and resort property industry. Tens of thousands of REALTORS®, brokers, rental managers, their assistants and staff serve the unique needs of recreation and resort property owners, buyers, developers and managers nationwide but very few have achieved this prestigious designation.
An RRS is a real estate professional who is well prepared to conduct business in the recreation and resort industry. An RRS has been specially trained in the resort market and has obtained skills in human relationships, marketing, contract negotiation, property merchandising, business management and personal promotion. To earn the Resort and Recreation Specialist Designation, the REALTOR® must have significant experience and volume of real estate transactions. They must also complete a comprehensive curriculum and pass exams
- BBA - Bachelor of Business Administration, University of Georgia
- ABR - Accredited Buyer Representative
- CCIM - Certified Commercial Investment Member
- CRS - Certified Residential Specialist
- e-PRO - Real Estate Internet Professional
- GRI - Graduate Real Estate Institute
- RRS - Resort and Recreation Specialist
- Real Estate Broker with Charter I Realty and Marketing
- Past President/Owner of Coldwell Banker Toon Pawley Real Estate, Inc.
- Life Member of Hilton Head Association of Realtors Distinguished Sales Award
- Past Board of Directors of Hilton Head Association of Realtors
- Past President - Queens Grant IV Property Owners Assn.
- Past President of Forest Beach Property Owners Association
- Past Director of Hilton Head Multiple Listing Service
Real Estate Training
- Building Wealth Through Real Estate Investment
- Real Estate Taxation & Advanced Real Estate Taxation
- Mortgage Counselor Training
- Negotiation Strategies
- Extensive Knowledge of all areas of Hilton Head Real Estate Market
- South Carolina Real Estate Brokerage License since 1979
- Active member of National, State, and Local Association of REALTORS
- Active member of Commercial Investment Real Estate Council
- Active member of the Residential Sales Council
- Certified State of South Carolina Real Estate Instructor
- Member St. Andrews By the Sea United Methodist Church
- Treasurer and Board Member of Reaching Potentials of South Carolina, Inc.